Monday, December 22, 2008

Firing up the card-making mojo..

Last Friday, my sister, Steph, her friend, Liz and I went to a Stampin' Up! event. We had blast. Our demonstrator, Colleen Thomas, showed us some really snazzy ways to dress up our cards.

I feel my cards have just so-so lately and this was a great opportunity to get my card-making and craft mojo back.

Here are the cards we made:

For you
I love the button on this card. I don’t usually like working with buttons, but it gives this card a sweet touch. We used a pre-cut card called "Fresh-Cut Notes". This card is so quick and easy. It took minutes to make.




Happy Holidays
This card is a pocket card. Now, why didn’t I think of that? We used a really cute set called “Punch Pals” and stamped the background and sentiment.



Afterward, when I got home, I decided to make variations of this pocket card.



A peek inside the pocket. It's a perfect card to tuck a gift card.


Colleen has amazing projects on her blog. Check it out! Also take a look at her calendar of events if you are interested in taking a class with her.

Stampin' Up! has several promotions going on right now. We just took advantage of the free shipping promo which goes until December 23, 2008.

0 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com