Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My new toy



This is a border punch from Fiskars called "Threading Water". I love, love, love this punch. It's a scallop punch with holes perfect for threading ribbon, embroidery floss or adding an eyelet or brad.

I used to buy the pre-made scallop strips (what?? I know, dumb) because I was too lazy to cut them by hand and I could never get a straight strip of scallops. (Do you like the alliteration?) The threading water punch gives me a perfect 12-inch strip everytime. I am in love!

Check out the card I made using the threading water punch:


Scallop party


A close-up:

Scallop party - detail

I lined up the paper along the grid marked on the punch and - tada! - the perfect scallops. I can't get that with scissors even if I tried.

3 comments:

colleen said...

so neat-love all the layers!!

Anonymous said...

That's really cool!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this punch...so fun! The card is SO exciting too! Woo Hoo!

e

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com