Sunday, February 15, 2009

Crazy in Love

Beyonce's song, Crazy In Love, is one of our fave songs. I decided to create a mini-album using the song as a title.

This album is the winning entry for Making Memories with Scrapbooking's mini-album contest. The contest rules asked that we create a mini-album using the products provided. The only things I could add were cardstock/chipboard to make the album and binding materials. The prize was a gift certificate to their store.

I was so excited to get that phone call! That only means more shopping for me! :)

Valentine mini

How I created the album...

The album is 6 inches in height and 8 inches in width. The individual chipboard pages measure 4x6, 5x6, 6x6, 7x6 and 8x6. I added two acrylic pages, as well, which measured 6x6.

The chipboard pieces were painted brown along the edges. I wanted the chipboard to match the patterned paper.

Valentine mini

Next, I glued the pink ribbon pieces which were meant to act as page turners for the album. I then adhered the patterned paper provided in the contest kit. The paper was from My Mind's Eye.

I added some stamped flourishes, the additional ribbon, photos and journalling. The journalling is from Michael Buble's song You're Everything. Really sweet lyrics.

And here is the rest of the book...

Valentine mini 2 Valentine mini 3

Valentine mini 4 Valentine mini 5

Valentine mini 6 Valentine mini 7

2 comments:

colleen said...

I love this book-congrats to you. Nice to see the work paying off.
Our shipment is on the way-Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours in your album!

SC

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com