Friday, November 6, 2009

What Am I Up To?

Now that the holiday season is officially upon us, I've decided to embark on a scrapbooking adventure called December Daily. This is a project that Ali Edwards (my favorite scrapbooker) has been doing for a few years now. This year, I decided that I, too, would document the days leading up to December 25th.

I do not have plans to take a photo for each day, but I do intend to document my feelings, moments and sensations that are all part of the Christmas season. By recording my memories in this manner, I don't feel guilt in not taking a picture for each page.

Before one can complete such an album, the structure must be built. Ali does a great job of describing the process in this post. I have decided to take the hybrid approach, that is, a combination of paper and computer scrapbooking. My photo printer has been feeling a little neglect and now is a great time to use it.

December 2009 album printer

These are the supplies I've gathered thus far:

December 2009 album supplies

I'm using a multitude of supplies from Stampin' Up! as well as stash I've accumulated from various shopping sprees and contests. Hopefully, I can use up every Christmas and holiday themed product I have for this album.

My layouts will be 6x6 and I will be using the
6x6 linen album to hold my memories.



This project is not meant to be complicated or overly challenging. You don't have to use a scrapbook album. Pages bound by ribbon or binder rings work too. Whatever your style is, let it flow. This project is meant to help you enjoy and remember the journey to Christmas day. Not add to your stress. Do as much or as little as you want to.

There are no mistakes in the world of paper crafting. Just happy accidents.

I hope you'll play along with me.

Stay tuned as I post my process in the coming days.

1 comments:

Kari said...

This looks fun - can't wait to see what you do!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com