Friday, April 9, 2010

Iron Stampers Competition

A couple of weeks ago, I was privileged to be asked to participate in our Sea to Sky Stampers' Iron Stampers Competition. What did this involve?

The participants were given a suite of items to incorporate into five different projects. The items included epoxy brads from the mini catalogue as well as glassine envelopes and a sheet of designer series paper.

Although I didn't win the competition, it forced me to think outside the box. I would definitely take part again. It was so much fun.

Here's a look at my projects:

A 5 minute card:

5 min card

& a close-up:

5 min card peek

An advanced card (obviously, baby is on the brain)

Advance card

& a close up of the epoxy wheel & glitter accents:

Advance card peek

A 3D item. I created a mini-scrapbook purse which I thought would make a great girlie gift for a little scrapbooker or a cute brag book.

3D Project

A look at the inside:

3D project inside

A scrapbook page about my best subject, so far, Hollle:

Scrapbook page

And, finally, an altered item. An alphabet canvas board inspired by an article I had read a couple of years ago in Scrapbook & Cards Today.

Alpha Board

I'm planning a future post about how some of these projects were created. Not right now...but soon.

Thanks for looking! Have a great weekend.

0 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com