Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On My Desk...

It's been unbearably hot in our condo this past week, so I haven't been able to make anything or post much. We have been escaping "the sauna" during the day and returning in the late evening. My desk has remained pretty much the same since the weekend.

On My Desk 58

I am playing with the Big Shot and my border punches. My favourite border punch of all time is, of course, the threading water punch from Fiskars and a close second is the scallop punch from Stampin' Up!

What's going on? Well, I decided to try making the paper roses that seems to be the rage in crafting blogland. I do not have a petal punch (gasp!), so I used the Island Floral Die for petals. See the upper right-hand corner for the outcome. I think the roses are okay. Not fantastic Maybe I do need a six-point petal punch or an easier flower to recreate.

I finally received the Vintage Wall embossing folder that seemed to be backordered for forever. I love it! I opened up a package of Marina Mist cardstock and went to town. I have no idea how this card will turn out. It's an irregular size and out of my comfort zone.

On My Desk 58

Also, I decided to play with markers. Since Stampin' Up! went through a colour renovation, I took my markers and started comparing the hues. I'm glad that Pumpkin Pie was not eliminated during the renovation as it's my go-to orange.

12 Weeks Old

Baby Z has discovered his hands. He spends the early morning hours (usually 4 or 5 AM) sucking on his fist - LOUDLY. It's more like slurping. I'd find it really cute if it wasn't so early and I hadn't been up with him an hour or so earlier.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Sheila
lovely creative desk, hope it cools for you soon, gorgeous piccie of baby z, have good eve, sue,x

Spyder said...

Love that punch, I can see that being very useful, lovely pic of baby! Aw, a crafter in the making! Have a great woyww,
(((Lyn))

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I think the flowers are beautiful. The embossed card looks lovely :-)
Anne x

Julia Dunnit said...

That folder is in my collectin and the size sets me in a panic, so will be really happy to see you get teh better of it! I think your flowers are lovely, a great take without having to get more stuff! Hope you're enjoying the enforced escape from the 'sauna' - nothing like days out!

JoZart said...

Must be hard to keep your beautiful baby cool let alone craft when it's HOT. love the flowers and thanks for the peek.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

great punches and i love those flowers you made (i will check out the link). but your best work of art is of course the slurping one.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com