Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vintage cupcakes

Vintage cupcakes

I don't know if there is such a thing as vintage cupcakes, but I thought I would give the vintage technique another go with cupcake images. Red velvet cupcakes or as best as I could muster.

I had to make this card fast because my craft room is incredibly hot - scorching - even in the evening and I had to get outside before I overheated.

I used the sketch from Taylored Expressions this week and the cupcake theme was inspired by Raise the Bar's baked goodies challenge. Of course, for me, this meant red velvet cupcakes.

The colours I used: Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black and Very Vanilla. I stamped the cupcake images with Staz-On ink onto watercolour paper. After playing around with the watercolour technique and various papers, SU!'s watercolour paper is the best for colouring without the streakiness. More on that in another post. Once I completed colouring the images, the edges of the paper were swiped onto the Bravo Burgundy ink pad. Nothing special here -- I just ran the edges across the ink pad. Next, I sprayed some gold smooch spritz onto the card. I definitely "over-smooched" (over-spritzed?), but it is what it is.

Here's a close-up of the smoochiness or spritziness...whatever you wish. :)
Vintage cupcakes

Thanks for stopping by!

Order Stampin' Up! 24/7: http://www.sheilaho.stampinup.net/

4 comments:

Pam W. said...

I don't know about "vintage" cupcakes, but I sure do love yours. Great card.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Very creation and wonderful coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar Challenge!! Hope to see you again next challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Even it is vintage, the cupcake do look yummy enough to eat! Love it!

Country Mouse said...

Great job with this challenge! I love this look~~~~
Thanks for sharing with us at Raise the Bar!!!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com