Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"You want thing-a-ma-bobs..."

"I've got plenty!"

CIC 67

This week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge featured mermaids. Since I don't have a mermaid stamp, I used a digital stamp from Pollycraft. A freebie digital stamp which made it all the more sweeter. The Sweetest Thing was the sketch inspiration.

Mermaids, since watching a certain Disney movie several years ago, will always have red hair to me. Well, I guess there's that Tom Hanks/Daryl Hannah movie too...she was a blonde mermaid...I don't know. Madison is not a "mermaidy" name to me.

CIC 67 close

Okay, back to the card. I had left this card sitting on the desk for a while unfinished since my craft room was so hot. I finally had a chance to finish it while Baby Z took a nap. I took the Vintage Wall  embossing folder out of the packaging, broke open the marina mist & cajun craze cardstock. Frankly, I'm not loving the cajun craze. I don't know if it's trying to recreate spicy and hot. I'm not feeling the orange/red/puke feeling it conveys. Ms. Mermaid was coloured using a combination of Copics and SU markers, cut out and placed just so on the top note die cut.

Who would I give this card to? A mermaid lover like one of my nieces.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! I see red hair for mermaids usuakky too! :) Thanks so much for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Jo, Paul & Jade said...

Oh this is lovely!! I love how you did the hair two tones. She is so pretty isn't she! And I love your colour combo too. So funny, I used the same image for two of those challenges too!!

Monika Reeck said...

This is funtastic dear Sheile Ho....love your CB paper and the many border too..so adorable coloring the Images too....GREAT CARD!!!I just post my card on Pollycraft too and my card is number 100, would you like to see my blog? Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com