Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Expresso & Orange...A Classic Combination

Cupcake Inspiration 71

An oldie, but a goodie technique that is making a comeback: emboss resist!

The colors were inspired by Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketches.




I love the Elements of Style set. I don't think I've said that enough. ;)

Cupcake Inspiration 71

Yikes! Bad lighting. What I did to achieve this look was stamp the image with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I took my sponge, dabbed it in Pumpkin Pie classic ink and smudged away. Basically, I continued to sponge until I achieved the color I wanted.

The dark brown cardstock - Early Expresso - is my new fave! I think it's replaced Chocolate Chip. Expect to see a lot of this paper. I embossed this paper using the Vintage Wall embossing folder. It's new and it's awesome.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

wow now I need to try that technique again, such a lovely card
Kate x

Rachel Hope said...

WOW! Stunning! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration!

Spyder said...

These colours go so well together, a cake and a lovely card, who could want more!
Have a great woyww (Lyn)

Anne said...

Absolutely stunning card - I adore that ribbon! It's beautiful!

Piddawinkle said...

I am loving that embossing folder its delicious, and your card is so bright and funky, well done

Ida said...

Wonderful card. Very warm and inviting. Thanks for playing with the CIC challenge this week.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com