Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On My Desk...

Well, last week seemed to be a bit of a different change of venue for me. This week, although we are still experiencing a heat wave, I stayed home. No coffee establishments today. Sorry. Maybe next week.

My desk:

Workdesk 63

As always, a state of creative chaos. :) Up close:

Workdesk 63 close view

Pictures of Baby Z that will make its way onto a scrapbook layout, a sponge wedge, punches, bits of paper, random cards... How do I find anything?? Oh, and the new candy wrapper die cut I made a couple of days ago with some scraps. Gotta love those scraps.

A question I was asked by a few people last week was "What do you pack so that you can craft at a coffee shop?" I guess it's like packing for a crop. I had my projects pre-planned, so the cutting, embossing and "big toy" stuff was prepared at home. To the coffee shop, I brought my mini paper trimmer, scissors, adhesives and different embellishments I hoped to use. Once at the shop, I spread out and started crafting away for a few hours...or people watched.

A smiley Baby Z. He's growing fast. He doesn't seem to mind the heat.

Baby Z - 4 months old

Hope you're having a great day! Thanks for dropping by! Check out Julia's blog for more Wednesday creative madness.

27 comments:

Helen said...

It's always nice to see pics of Baby Z!

Wipso said...

You have such a cute baby.
A x

Neet said...

Lovely to see Baby Z - always a lovely smile. Thanks for sharing your desk - busy what!

Bluefairy4U said...

Morning Sheila, lovely pic of baby. Your desk looks busy today hope you get to do your scrapepage done. The weather here has gone quite cool - shame was enjoying the heat. Bug Hugs to all Jo.xxx

Sue said...

Hi Sheila
lovely creative desk, no sun here today, can smell autumn in the air, gorgeous piccie,cute smile,thanks for the snoop,have a great WOYWW, sue,x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm really late to the party today. bit am trying to catch up. My internet was down at the wrong time. Maybe I should hit the coffee bar with its WI-fi. Lovely baby photo and interesting desk. I clicked to enlarge to see everything. There's a lot going on, that's for sure. Happy WOYWW.

Doone said...

now you see I would have eaten that cosmetic wedge of foam thinking it was cake, and I probably would have swallowed it and then later on wondered what had happend to my cosmetic wedge...

Dx

mustavcoffee said...

Hello there, lovely to meet you, How gorgeous is your baby????? ooh so cute!
Your desk is pretty cool too, great projects on the table, loving the colours:D xx

Chrissie said...

Busy desk and extremely cute baby Z
Chrissie

Sunshine Girl said...

I love creative chaos! I like that candy wrapper too - is it from a die or a template? Glad to see that Baby Z doesnt mind the heat, my little one suffered from heat rash all summer in his first year, thankfully he is ok now though!

Spyder said...

A very busy push back and pile high desk!
(Lyn)

Heather x said...

Thats a beautiful LO you are working on!
Thanks for the snoop.
*hugs* Heather x

Joanne said...

Oh! look at that big smile. What a treasure.
Luv Joanne xx

Toodles and Binks (Galaxy Girl from UK STampers) said...

Now that is my kind of desk .... the baby will be a heart breaker for sure!

Morti said...

Organised chaos. At least, that's my usual excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Gorgeous smiley Baby Z.....

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love the chaotic desk and Baby z is soooo cute!

xx

Tracy Evans said...

Aaah Baby Z has stole the show this morning. Great creative space too. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

Claireliz said...

great desk & really cute baby
C
xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, what a fabulous busy desk! Love that candy wrapper box!
And little Baby Z is an absolute sweetie!

Daniele said...

looks like you are having fun great pics
hugs

Phree said...

Awww baby Z is a real cutie, looks like your craft space is a busy place despite the heat.

Sid said...

Great desk, that cracker is looking good !! I thought for one moment that was a piece of steamed egg sponge on your desk !! LOL

Amanda said...

What a cute baby, love the crafty space, never thought of crafting at a coffee shop, I would be in danger of spilling the coffee all over my craft stuff lol. Amanda

Serendipity Stamping said...

Oh no, I think my comment just flew away. Hi Baby Z, you sure look happy today. Desk looks very well used and creative.

Julia Dunnit said...

oh your beautiful boy is such a distraction! Your desk isn't so bad - I can't imagine finding stuff too difficult. Love the sweetie wrapper wrapper, clever you.

Carola Bartz said...

Very cute picture of Baby Z.

Violets Corner said...

What a fab smile! Great pic!

Hugs
Maarit

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com