Sunday, September 5, 2010

For a New Baby

We are blessed to have several family and friends having babies this month! My Baby Z will have so many friends his age. It will be cute to see them all grow up together.

I made this card for a recent new arrival.

100% Baby

The card was based on this sketch from Create with Connie & Mary.


The base of the card, the embossed paper and the stamped image are all in Cherry Cobler. This is a beautiful new color joining the Regals collection. I also added some textured cardstock in Melon Mambo. Textured cardstock is never used enough for cards. It's such great paper.

Although the stamped image and the felt flower are retired product, I thought they went well with this card. Using your stash is good. Don't be afraid to play around with the different product you've accumulated. Like all paper crafters, I'm sure you have lots!

Thanks for looking today!

8 comments:

Carrie Gaskin said...

I love the sort-of non-traditional colours for a baby card. You usually see pastels all the time and I love the boldness of the colours you picked!

Jess said...

Cute card! Love the pink and red together!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh great colors for a baby card! I love what you did with the Create with Connie and Mary sketch! Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

Great job with the sketch challenge! I love these colors together!

Mary Brown said...

I love how you wove the ribbons on this! What great...and different colors to use for a baby card! Thanks for playing along with week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Oh how I miss those felt flowers! What a lovely card! Great job!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com