Saturday, October 9, 2010

A quick, orangey card

CCMC 119

A quick card inspired by the sketch below:


I really enjoy the challenges from Connie & Mary.

Keeping this post short today as my day is jammed packed. We're going to a hockey game tonight!! That is the highlight of the whole day.

The above card used all different shades of orange -  Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie and Dusty Durango - as well as yellows and greens. I'm still sad about my embossing folder, but I'm glad it survived to make this card.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Very bright and cheerful! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Carrie Gaskin said...

So bright and fun! I love your take on this sketch. Thanks for playing along!

Deb said...

I really love the colors you used! They make for a really cheerful birthday card! And I love the way you used the sketch and put a different twist on it. Great job! Thanks for playing in the Create with Connie and Mary challenge this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

so fun and cute!

Stacey Schafer said...

so fun and cute!

Mary Brown said...

Just so cute! I would have never paired that embossing folder with that image but your bright colors really makes it work! Thanks for playing along with week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cool technique in your background! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com