Thursday, December 30, 2010

'Tis the season

My last layout of the year!

Joy

With the holidays, I didn't think I would get time to scrapbook, but I got lucky! I didn't want to put the Christmas papers away so soon knowing that they were going to sit another year in my stash pile. A month ago, we bought a new printer and I decided to print out some photos. This photo of Baby Z was one of them.

The story behind the layout: I was trying to take the "perfect photo" of my child with his new stuffed bear, but he was having none of that. He was distracted by the TV, the Christmas carols and the ball attached to the Santa hat. {Sigh}. After several attempts,  I gave up. Perhaps another year.

The layout was inspired by Creative Scrappers sketch #136 and, for good measure, I thought I'd throw it into Stampin' Royalty's scrapbook challenge as well.


Have a wonderful new year!

15 comments:

Hands On said...

No worries. I could take 20 photos and guaranteed that someone will not be looking in everyone of them. lol! Love how you used all your bits of Christmas dsp! Love this page. So glad you played with us this week at SR!

Sandra Farrell said...

Hey Sheila. I'm so glad you joined us this week. This is a fabulous page. Thanks for playing with us.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not a scrapbooker, but this shot seems pretty typical to me. My cat won't behave when I get the camera on him, but he's a lot faster at moving out of the way than Baby Z. Love the way you dealt with the conditions you had to work with.

Christine said...

It's a super shot - I sometimes think the ones that do not go to plan come out brilliant. Great layout too :-)

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great pic! Thank you for sharing.

Do you know about my candy? Pop over to my blog and join!:)

http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/

Maggie
xx

Sunshine Girl said...

Happy New Year! Fab layout - thanks for sharing. No. 28.

nnalorac said...

So hard to take piccies of little ones, by the time the camera clicks they've moved on or as my granddaughter says, no more Nana! Lovely LO. Carolxx

Sheilagh said...

I have the same problem with my grandchildren, but it is such fun trying to get that perfect picture:)

oneoff said...

Baby Z fix for the week! I do so love the expression on the bear's face; it's a great mixture of tolerance and "excuse me, I'm over here" indignation.

Bernie #17

Pam said...

Those true candid shots are the best kind aren't they? Some of my faves that I look back on are the "not posing" ones. Great layout.

Twiglet said...

I love the photo and it makes a fab layout. Have a great week!

lisa said...

What a beautiful LO. I often think it's the imperfect photos that make the most interesting pages.
Hugs Lisa (108)

Tracey Brossart said...

Aww, such and adorable pic and beautiful layout! I can never get my boys to pose for me either...lol.

Thanks for the peek! :D

x♥Tracey♥x...ƸӜƷ

Julia Dunnit said...

It's lovely, because it totally tells the story and that's what you'll love to show Z in years to come when he doesn't believe you. I think you have perfect handwriting.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

great page! you make scrapbooking look so easy and fast! and printing your own pictures is convenient isn't it?

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com