Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cardabilities #20

I'm playing along with Cardabilites sketch #20.

My card:

Cardabilties 20

I wanted to make a Valentine's Day card in non-traditional colors. Orange and blue seem to fit that bill. I had this pale blue shimmer paper in my stash for ages and I, finally, decided to cut it up. It pained me to make that first cut, but once I did, the creative juices started flowing.

The owl punch: Best. Punch. Ever. This punch may replace the threading water punch as my all-time favorite. The leaves were cut out using the Big Shot and the Sizzlits Little Leaves die.  I stamped the hearts using the I {Heart} Heart set and wrote "love" with my journaling pen.

I notice now that there is a little red mark in the girl owl's eye! Ahhhh! Well, I guess I can peel it off and put an unstained one in.

Loving the shimmer. Loving the texture. Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Miranda said...

Thanks for stopping by Just Drink a Coke. I really appreciate the comment. By the way, you have a very nice scrapbooking site. I'll have to remember you if I ever get to scrapbook. I might be crafty, but when it comes to scrapbooking, I'm completely clueless:)

Miranda
www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com