Friday, February 25, 2011

A warm cup of heart

This week, I have the pleasure of being a guest bartender at Raise the Bar! Our assignment is "Mug Shot", that is, to create a card that depicts a hot beverage.

Here is my card:

Raise the Bar guest designer

I used some sketch inspiration from Stampin' Royalty. The sketch was a starting point as the card does not follow the sketch exactly.


Of course, this card has shades of orange. I sponged Newsprint DSP with pumpkin pie. To create the mugs, I used the cupcake base from the Build a Cupcake punch and drew in handles with a marker. The sentiment is from the set, Thanks for Caring, available in the current mini catalogue. I punched out hearts from glimmer paper and added other accents like black ribbon, pearls and "steam" using a stamp from the Elements of Style set.

Thanks very much to Joni and Raise the Bar for letting me be a guest designer this week. Thanks for visiting!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Sandra Farrell said...

Shelia - this is FABULOUS! How creative. Thanks for playing with us!!!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com