Friday, March 11, 2011

Go Green

This week at Stampin' Royalty, we're asked to go GREEN. This card that features several greens in Stampin' Up!'s color palette.

Stampin Royalty 62

I cased a card I created last week - my tribute to Andy Warhol - this time in green. I used the Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Bliss, for the images and a retired stamp for the sentiment.

My method: Like the other card, I stamped the butterfly image four times in Versamark ink and heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder. I sponged a butterfly in a different shade of green: Old Olive, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery.  The images were adhered to Early Espresso and Certainly Celery cardstock. A big Chocolate Chip button was placed in the center of the four images.

The card base is in Pear Pizzazz. A strip of Early Espresso, embossed using the Vintage Wall embossing folder, was adhered to the top of the card along with a strip of Very Vanilla ribbon. The butterfly panel and sentiment were adhered on top.

I really wanted to think beyond St. Patty's Day when it came to this challenge and I hope I did.

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator said...

I love it Sheila! Gorgeous job! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Georgeann Manning said...

Love your use of these colors! what a creative work of art! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Hands On said...

Beautiful butterflies. Love your combination of greens. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty this week.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com