Friday, March 4, 2011

Play Time

Yesterday afternoon, I had a little bit of time to myself (yippee!!!!), so I spent that time making a card. Time well spent.

I used a sketch from Cardabilities


and a color combination from Pals Paper Arts (my first time playing with them)

to come up with this card:

Cardabilities 26

I finally inked up the owl image from the Sale-A-Bration set, Punch A Bunch. If you're punch happy, you'll want to get your hands on this set.

My Method: Crumb Cake base. Newsprint DSP. Soft Suede textured cardstock. I ran Baja Breeze cardstock through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The Soft Suede paper was punched on both sides with a border punch. The edges of all the papers were distressed and sponged with Crumb Cake classic ink. The large scallops were made using a 3/4 circle punch and cutting the circles in half.

The sentiment is from the hostess set, Because I Care, stamped in Baja Breeze and punched out with the decorative label punch (another must-have in my collection).

Some linen thread, pearls and a crumb cake button to finish this card all up. From start to finish, this card took about 20 minutes.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love the texture and the linen thread! That's fantastic that a card with so many details is quick to make! Love it! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Tess said...

Thanks for the follow. Love all the fun stuff on your blog. I'm following back and your newest reader!:)
Tess

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Great way on creating a card with multiple challenges. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com