Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shimmery, glimmery

The challenge for this week's One-Layer Wednesday was to create a card with shimmer, not glitter or bling.

What I ended up with was this...

One Layer Wednesday #43

My method: Well, it wasn't rocket science. :) I added a few drops of shimmer paint to a spray bottle 3/4 full of rubbing alcohol and shook the bottle to create a shimmery mixture. I was told by various people that this would create a gorgeous shimmer. Hmmm...I see shimmer and HUGE flecks of shimmer paint. Maybe I didn't shake enough. :)

I sprayed the cardstock with the shimmer mixture first and let it dry for a few minutes. I stamped the image (from the Nature Walk set) in Cherry Cobler ink multiple times with various amounts of pressure. Then, I added the sentiment.

One Layer Wednesday #43

I think I will try this shimmer thing on some other cards and see what I get!

Thanks for taking the time to visit today!

Photobucket

9 comments:

amber01sw said...

I found you on the Its Almost Friday Hop. I am your newest GFC follower. If you could check out my blog and follow me back I would appreciate it. Thanks Amber
http://dragonflysweetnest.blogspot.com/

Kathyk said...

Woo Hoo - I LIKE the big flakes of shimmer paint, fab card

Kathyk

Emma Major said...

beautiful
Hi, I'm a new follower from the hop. I'm Emma at http://majorloveoffilm.blogspot.com and http://llmcalling.blogspot.com

Toesthattwinkle! said...

I found you on the blog hop and now Im following you! Please check out my blog and follow me, http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/ I also wanted to say how much I love your blog and reading the posts

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to make the whole card shimmer!

Janeen said...

you may have to hold your card further away when you spray. i do think the flecks add character.

Carol said...

I think this is a great shimmery card! Love the color combo!

Susan said...

See...you were thinking outside the box and made the entire card shimmer...very cool!

Susan Raihala said...

Sooooo pretty!!!! Love the flecks of paint as they are. It lends a rustic feel to the cardstock that is totally in keeping with the lovely image!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com