Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Trends Challenges

I based this set of cards on the Inspired Crafters Spring Trends Challenge. The photo was a starting point for the Easter cards I created.





IC Spring challenge

The cards were made using various shades of purple from Stampin' Up!'s color palette. The card base is in Concord Crush, a current in-color. The other colors I used were Rich Razzleberry and Elegant Eggplant, as well as a retired color whose name I can't remember.

My method: I used Newsprint designer paper as a background and sponged the edges in Elegant Eggplant classic ink. Using the Big Shot, I cut out Top Note die cuts in Rich Razzleberry and embossed Elegant Eggplant cardstock using the Vintage Wall embossing folder.

I stamped the cross image, from the Crosses of Hope set, in Early Espresso, on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut the image out. The sentiment is from the All Holidays set, stamped in Whisper White craft ink onto Elegant Eggplant cardstock and punched with the Decorative Label punch. Gold brads hold the label in place.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope the picture inspires you to create something today.



Photobucket

0 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com