Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wonderful fun flowers

I had a great time playing with this sketch over at Create with Connie and Mary:


The Fun Flowers die is quickly become a favorite of mine.

CCMC 140

My method: For this card, I used Pretty in Pink cardstock as the base. The awesome Melon Mambo designer series paper is from the Ice Cream Parlor paper pack combo and it's only available as a Sale-A-Bration item. It's such a fun paper!

I cut out flower petals with the Fun Flowers die in both the Melon Mambo DSP and glimmer paper. Who cares if Valentine's Day is over? I am using this glimmer paper for everything! I alternated the layers of Melon Mambo and glimmer paper petals and kept the whole flower together with a large Melon Mambo button and linen thread.

As a base for the flower, I used more of that Melon Mambo DSP, added some Soft Suede textured cardstock and a Real Red grosgrain ribbon. To finish the card, I scrunched up some Pretty in Pink ribbon and added a sentiment from the Bring on the Cake stamp set.

A great sketch and I had such fun playing. Thanks for visiting!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a FUN card! I, too, love the Fun Flowers die and the glimmer paper. I love the way you used the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

Great bright & cheery card. Love how you intermingled the two different papers in the flower! Thanks for playing at CCMC!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...I love your layering of the glitter paper with the regular cardstock. The final look is stunning! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Love the glimmer paper with the cardstock! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary. (And congrats on the Top 3 Pick!)

Lisa said...

Very sparkly! I'll bet this is a shocker in real life! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com