Friday, April 8, 2011

1st Road Trip

When Baby Z was five and a half months old, we took him on his first road trip to Washington State. We expected a lot of crying, whining and unhappiness - which did happen - but, generally, it was a good trip.

1st Road Trip

Journaling: We went on a trip to Washington State with your grandparents. We made many stops. One of them was Krispy Kreme. No trip is complete without a donut.

1st Road Trip (1)

I love journaling strips! For this layout, I cut out strips in Early Espresso and wrote the journaling with my white gel pen.

Using the button collection: I wanted to create a "road of chocolate" and did that by breaking into my button stash. I gathered all the brown, white and cream buttons in my collection and added them to my page. Each button was finished with linen thread. I wouldn't recommend threading each button if you are pressed for time.

1st Road Trip (2)

Some hardware and glitter. I'm slowly using up the glimmer paper. It's very hard to do. I still have a few sheets left.

Supplies:
Textured cardstock: Bazzil
Die cut letters: Quickutz
All other supplies: Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting! Have a great weekend.

Photobucket

1 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Love your buttons. Looks fab!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com