Friday, September 9, 2011

CASEd from the catalogue

Let's be real here, folks. How many of us would like to make those fancy cards with all the latest and greatest techniques and products on them? How many of us drool over the sheer creativity of fellow crafters and think,"I wish I could do that?" How many of us just want time to craft?

ME, ME, ME!!!  I want to make the fancy, schmancy cards with all the cool layers and products like all the cool kids, but not my reality. I'm sure you know the drill: work, baby, life. Add in a 2-hour commute and crafting is not a priority. Sleeping is!

Thus, I bring you: CASED from the catalogue. I made the following two cards copying the ideas from the 2010-2011 SU catalogue. (So, the catalogue is retired, but that's not the point!) Using retired stuff is kinda my theme this week.

The cards I made were simple and took less than an hour to put together. Actually, about 20 minutes...the other 40 minutes I spent looking at the catalogue over and over...never mind that it was in my possession for over a year now. I digress...


Cards CASEd from the catalogue

Simple. But wow-ee! Or so I think. If I remembered the page number, I would tell you. Alas, mommy brain.

Cards CASEd from the catalogue

Notice how these cards use Newsprint DSP. I told you I had a lot of it!!!! And this second card has a little rich razzleberry polka dot grosgrain ribbon. How 2009! <smirk>

The new 2011-2012 catalogue has lots of fabulous ideas too and - BONUS - it's current. Take a look at it under the catalogue tab.

Thanks for stopping by!


Photobucket

0 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com