Monday, September 5, 2011

Conquering the hoarding

Took a little break from the blog, unplugged and enjoyed the end of summer. It was busy, but I found some time to make a few cards.

If you are a paper crafter, then you know all about hoarding supplies. I was determined to conquer the hoarding issue by using up all the retired DSP in my stash. I started with Newsprint. LOVED this paper and I'm sad that it's gone. You'll be seeing a lot of this paper in several projects. I stocked up on sooo much.

Newsprint DSP cards

I took some inspiration from Mary Fish and her simple cards from a couple of weeks ago. I kept the layout and color scheme simple - Basic Black & Very Vanilla - so that I wouldn't get caught up in trying to match everything. I was able to finish several cards in an evening.

Newsprint DSP cards

A closer look. This card has a background stamped in Calypso Coral. Happily, I used up my remaining vanilla grosgrain ribbon.

Newsprint DSP cards

Can you see the shimmer? I sprayed a little bit of vanilla smooch spritz on it.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned for more cards and scrapbook layouts using my hoarded supplies.

Photobucket

0 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com