Tuesday, November 15, 2011

1st Haircut

When Z was 12 months old, we decided it was time to cut his hair. That is, we decided to shave his lovely baby locks all off.

I based this layout on this week's Nuts About Sketches sketch 187.

1st Haircut

I broke into my package of Big Top Birthday DSP for this layout and used up a lot of stashed goodies. I have been hoarding several styles of brads in my embellishment collection like the star brads, the build-a-brads and the bar brads. It was time to use them all for this layout.

1st Haircut

The letters were die-cut using the Big Shot and my favourite alphabet set. Each letter was sponged with early espresso ink and popped-up from the page using dimensionals. I love the effect a pop-up letter gives this layout.

1st Haircut

Finally, the most important piece, the first lock of hair snipped from Z's head. I tied a bashful blue ribbon around it and enclosed the hair in a glassine envelope. He looks like a boy than a baby these days. :(

Join us at Nuts About Sketches and show us your take on Shawn's awesome sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

0 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com